Official Rules for the PepsiCo Super Bowl LII Social Correspondent Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The PepsiCo Super Bowl LII Social Correspondent Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who (a) are at least eighteen (18) years old and (b) are able to travel to Minneapolis, Minnesota between February 2 and February 5, 2018 to participate in all events described in the “Prize” section below. Employees of Vox Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Mischief Media (“Administrator”), and PepsiCo, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions regarding the Contest, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The Contest beings at 12:00:00 PM ET on December 18, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on January 15, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: Visit pepsicogamedaygrubmatch.com , and follow the instructions to upload a video telling Sponsor why you deserve to be the SB Nation social correspondent during Super Bowl media week in Minneapolis, Minnesota from February 2 to February 5, 2018 (your “Entry”). Your Entry must be of reasonable video display quality (in either MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, or MPEG format) and no longer than 60 seconds in duration. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/e-mail address. Additional Entries will not be acknowledged.
5. Content Requirements: Your Entry must not, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) contain defamatory statements; (c) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (d) be obscene or indecent; (e) depict any risky behavior; (f) prominently feature any third party trademarks or logos, except those of Sponsor and the NFL; or (g) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to post any Entry for any reason.
6. Entrant’s Warranties and Representations: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that (a) the Entry is an original work created solely by you for entry in the Contest; (b) you own all rights to the Entry; (c) to the extent the Entry depicts any individual or features the voice of any individual, you are the individual pictured and heard in the submission, or, alternatively, that you have obtained written permission from each person appearing in the Entry, and can make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsor upon request; and (d) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Judging: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will evaluate all Entries and select one (1) winner based on the following Judging Criteria: on-camera presence (33%); originality (33%); and creativity (33%). In the event of a tie, an additional "tie breaker" judge will judge the tied entries based on the same criteria. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Administrator will attempt to notify the potential winner on or about January 17, 2018, via phone and email. If the potential winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours after notification, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If the potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If the potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted.
9. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a trip for the winner and a guest to Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis, Minnesota from February 2 to February 5, 2018. The trip consists of:
(a) Round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and guest from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest to the winner’s residence to Minneapolis, Minnesota. If the winner resides within a 150-mile radius of Minneapolis, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation. The winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary.
(b) Three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) at a hotel in close proximity to U.S. Bank Stadium, to be selected by Sponsor or Administrator in Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion. The winner may be required to provide a credit card upon check-in for incidentals.
(c) Two hundred fifty dollars ($250), provided in the form of a VISA or American Express gift card, to cover additional expenses, including ground transportation and meals.
(d) Two tickets to Super Bowl LII on February 4, 2018, selection of seating is at the sole discretion of PepsiCo.
(e) Participation in the following media week events and creating original content documenting the winner’s experience at such events. The original content must be suitable for inclusion in social media posts published from SB Nation’s accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter), must meet the “Content Requirements” described above, and may, when appropriate, include images and/or video footage of the winner . All such original content created for the social media posts, and any other social media posts created by winner related to these events and any other element of the prize, must be approved by PepsiCo and SB Nation, must include the hashtags #Contest and #GameDayGrubMatch, and must meet the “Content Requirements” described above.
(i) SBN Radio Row Execution: February 2 meet-and-greet with the SB Nation crew during their live show at Radio Row.
(ii) Athlete Meet & Greet: February 2 at Buffalo Wild Wings at the Mall of America, meet-and-greet with the former NFL player who won the live-event cooking challenge sponsored by PepsiCo.
(iii) “Taste of the NFL” Charity Event: February 3 charity event, which the winner must attend and document on social media.
(iv) Live from the Super Bowl: February 4 pre-game social media post, either a selfie or video.
(v) Super Bowl Mashup: February 5 social media post, either a photo or video, recounting the winner’s VIP experience.
The approximate retail value of the prize is $4,250. The actual value may vary based on various factors, including the date of booking and point of departure. Any difference between the approximate and actual values will not be awarded. The guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old, must travel on the same itinerary, and may be required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents.
The winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor or Administrator in Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize (or component thereof) is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Pepsi-Cola Company, its bottlers and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
14. Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Mischief Media, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2N8, Canada. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
15. Sponsor and Administrator: The Contest is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 85 Broad Street, Floor 15, New York, NY 10004, and administered by Mischief Media, 20 Bay Street, 11th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 2N8, Canada.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around us. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world enable PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.